- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups diced honey crisp apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbs Splenda brown sugar
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan. Add 1 cup diced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes until apples are softened.
- Turn heat to high and add the water. Bring to a low boil. Add the oats and reduce heat to medium, stir occasionally. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the slivered almonds. Cook until most liquid is absorbed.
- Divide into three bowls add remaining apples, Splenda brown sugar, and additional cinnamon if desired.
Nutritional info per serving: Serves 3
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 11 g
Carbs: 35 g