3 large beets, scrubbed clean with green tops removed
2 tsp avocado oil
1 tsp pink himalayan salt
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp chopped basil
1. Heat oven to 425 F and spray baking sheet with oil.
2. Peel and dice beets into 1” cubes and toss with oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Spread beets on a baking sheet in an even layer.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, mix, and bake for another 10 minutes until tender enough for a fork to easily pick up.
5. Add balsamic vinegar to beets. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
6. After cooking, add the chopped basil.
7. Serve warm or enjoy on a salad later.
Nutritional info per serving: Serves 6
Protein: 1 g
Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 7 g