- Grilled Asian Pear Salsa
- 2 Asian pears, cored and sliced
- 4 red onion slices, 1/2-in thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 1 lb Mahi, cut into 4 equal fillets
- Cinnamon Soy Glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari sauce
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoon cane sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
Preheat grill pan. Grill pears and onions 2 to 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Cool and dice. In a small bowl, toss grilled pears, onions and remaining ingredients for salsa. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients for glaze. Bring to a simmer and cook until mixture is reduced by 3/4 and slightly thickened.
Preheat grill or broiler. Brush each mahi fillet with a 1/2 teaspoon glaze and spray each fillet with canola oil spray. Broil or grill fish until cooked through.
Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon glaze over each mahi fillet and serve with 1/3 cup salsa.
Serve alongside brown rice and your favorite veggie and enjoy!
Calories: 189 Protein: 29g Carbs: 16g Fat: 2g