- 1 cup bran flakes cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup non‐fat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all‐purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2‐inch pan.
In medium bowl, combine cereal, bran, wheat germ, orange peel, orange juice, dried fruit, egg, oil, applesauce, honey, and dry milk powder; blend well. Let sit 5 minutes.
In large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, all‐purpose flour and soda. Stir in the first mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined.
Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden. Cool and enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 133 Protein: 3g Carbs: 24g Fat:3g