- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 lb. flank steak, diced into 1″ pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), diced into 1″ pieces
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro, chopped as garnish
Place the diced sweet potatoes into a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a plate and microwave on high 4-6 minutes or until tender, stirring once halfway through. Stir once halfway through.
Heat a skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, then add the steak in a single layer. Cook, turning every two minutes, until the pieces are browned and the center is medium, about 10 minutes. Remove the steak from the skillet using a slotted spoon and set aside onto a plate.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Add the sweet potatoes cook until browned.
Make a well in the center of the pan and add the garlic. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and scallions. Stir to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the steak back to the pan along with the soy sauce, cook an additional 1- 2 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
Salt and pepper to taste, top with cilantro. Enjoy!