- 4 medium ears corn, husked
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lb uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Low Fat Pesto (may freeze unused portion) 42 per 2 tbsp
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup walnuts lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt
1. Place corn in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
2. Add pesto ingredients to food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
3. Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and toss to combine. Add 2 tbsp basil mixture and combine.
4. Place shrimp on skewers and place on grill, without adding any oils or seasoning to shrimp. Grill on medium high heat until beginning to charr. Be sure to flip shrimp halfway through.
5. Serve shrimp with corn mixture and additional pesto if desired. May also serve over a bed of lettuce
Nutritional info per serving: serves 4
- Calories: 181
- Protein: 21 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbs: 20 g