¼ cup quinoa
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1.5 Tb avocado oil
1.5 cups chopped tomatoes, may use cherry tomatoes
¼ cup pitted black Kalamata olive
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 medium cucumber, chopped
½ cup low-fat feta cheese
2 Tb basil, chopped
Juice of ½ lemon
- Cook quinoa following the instructions on the package. Once cooked, rinse in cold water
and drain thoroughly.
- While the quinoa is cooking, turn on the grill and prep the chicken by placing them on a
baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to chicken and lightly salt and pepper the
- Grill the chicken breasts until cooked thoroughly, about 5-7 minutes. Fully cooked
chicken reaches a temperature of 165º.
- Chop the tomatoes, olives, onion, cucumbers feta, and basil into a bowl. Toss in the
cooked quinoa. Stir the remaining olive and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with the chicken breasts on top.
- Note: Substitute quinoa with cauliflower rice if desired
Nutrition Info Per Serving: Serves 4
Protein: 42 g
Fat: 10 g
Carbs: 16 g