- 1 lb lean ground turkey, 93% or 85% lean
- 1 cup zucchini, grated (after excess liquid is squeezed out)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs pesto
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbs avocado oil
- 4 thin mozzarella slices
- Tomato, 4 slices
- 4 buns (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, zucchini, egg, garlic, pesto and parsley, then season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to gently combine and form into four flat patties.
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium-high heat and oil grates or skillet. Cook burgers for about 5 minutes then flip over and cook for another 5 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165º and the middle is no longer pink.
- After removing the burgers, place the mozzarella slices on each burger. Let the burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the burgers with lettuce, tomato, extra pesto and a bun if desired.
Nutrition Info Per Serving: Serves 4
Calories: 298 (without bun)
Protein: 28 g
Fat: 17 g
Carbs: 5 g