5 ounces (1 container) kale, remove stems
¼ cup sliced almonds
1/8 cup fresh basil
½ cup feta (about 2 ounces)
2 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp avocado oil
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1 garlic clove, minced
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Drizzle oil and salt and pepper to taste over the potatoes. Cook for 25 minutes or until
they begin to darken on the edges.
- After the sweet potatoes have roasted decrease the temperature to 275 degrees. Toast
the almonds in the oven on a baking sheet. Toast for 4 to 5 minutes until they are
turning lightly golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Mix together the lemon dressing ingredients in a bowl. Wash, remove the stems and
chop the kale to the desired size. Put kale in a large bowl and pour the dressing over the
kale. Massage the dressing into the kale until it becomes fully saturated.
- Top the kale with toasted almonds and roasted sweet potatoes.
- Add chicken or salmon for additional protein.
Nutritional info per serving: serves 4
Protein: 7 g
Fat: 16 g
Carbs: 28 g