2 Tbs avocado oil
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails on
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup no-sodium bone broth Zest of ½ lemon
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 12 oz package frozen zucchini noodles
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
Parmesan for topping
- Place the frozen zucchini noodles in a large preheated nonstick skillet and cover
with lid. Steam over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until al dente. Stir
occasionally. Remove to a colander and drain well.
- Use the skillet again to heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic
and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Sauté for about 3
minutes, until the shrimp begin to cook but are still translucent.
- Add the bone broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 1
minute, until the shrimp are just opaque and cooked fully.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles to combine without overcooking the noodles. Top with
parsley and parmesan. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Info Per Serving: Serves 4
Protein: 29 g
Fat: 9 g
Carbs: 5 g