1 ¼ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
Choice of greens: romaine, bib lettuce, kale or spinach (or a combination)
2 ears of corn
2 Orange or yellow bell peppers
1 medium cucumber, diced
½ medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cups baby tomatoes, chopped
3 tbsp feta cheese (if desired)
2 lemons or balsamic vinaigrette for dressing
1. Place shrimp on wooden skewers. Over a pan, sprinkle taco seasoning on shrimp.
2. Preheat grill.
3. Chop the cucumbers, onion, and baby tomatoes.
4. Once the grill is heated, place the corn on the grill and turn every 4-5 minutes for a total of 15-18 minutes.
5. Add the whole bell peppers next and grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly charred.
6. Add the shrimp skewers and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Cut the corn off the cob and dice the bell peppers.
8. Add desired lettuce to each bowl, add the vegetables (cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, corn, and bell peppers), next add the shrimp, and lastly the feta (if desired).
9. For dressing, squeeze lemon juice or use balsamic vinaigrette
Nutritional info per serving: serves 4
Protein: 25 g
Fat: 3 g
Carbs: 22 g