- 4, 3 ounce grilled salmon fillets
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
For asparagus: Bring a lightly salted pot of water to boil over medium heat. Prepare a bowl of iced water and have ready to the side. Add the cut asparagus to water and boil for 2-3 minutes. Immediately drain the asparagus and add to the ice water to stop cooking.
Combine asparagus, spinach, strawberries, red onion, and slivered almonds in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly to coat. Divide salad into 4 bowls and top each with salmon filet. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
Serve with a large glass of iced green tea for an extra boost of sun protection.
Calories: 317 Protein: 21g Carbs: 14g