- 1 Tbs avocado oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 lb cut and peeled baby carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups butternut squash chopped
- 7 cups low sodium chicken bone broth
- 2 tomatoes, diced (or 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes)
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups spinach
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add both onions, carrots, and celery and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the sweet potato and butternut squash. Cook for about 10 minutes. Stir so they do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the bone broth and tomatoes. Stir in the thyme, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Cook for 10 minutes. Add in the spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional info per serving: serves 8
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 21 g