- It starts with you being an example with how you eat and what you buy at the grocery for them. If you are making wise choices, then you can help you kids make wise choices on snacks and meals.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t have your food prepped on Sunday for the entire week. Just keep your meals simple during the week and keep them to five steps or less to get healthy food on the table.
- It’s a “trickle down” effect. If you have protein shakes and healthy snacks and are eating them, then your kids will want them.
- There are plenty of healthy options if you have to eat out. Order wisely, don’ t get fried foods, ask for your protein without seasonings and enjoy a night off of cooking.
- Don’t buy sugary drinks for your kids. High sugar drinks are a waste of calories and make your kids want more sugar, so get sports drinks that are Powerade Zero or G2 and of course encourage them to drink their WATER.
- We are all tired and trying to survive. Help each other out. Be kind. Reach out to your friends, especially your working friends and ask them if they need help with their kids. We are all in this together and parenting is the hardest job out there.
- Most importantly, enjoy every moment with your kids, because I know it is flying by and they will be gone before we know it!
Now that travel is starting to slowly but surely open back up, adventure is calling! Nothing sounds better than a vacation to a dream destination or spending a long weekend somewhere out of town. No...