2 lbs cod fillets
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 cups long grain rice or brown rice
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
½ tsp minced garlic
Juice of 2 lemons
2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or bone broth)
- Wash rice well and let soak for 15 to 20 minutes in cold water. Drain well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large sauce pan. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes until translucent. Add garlic then stir in the rice. Toss to coat.
- Add lemon juice and broth. Bring liquid to a boil, then turn heat to low. Cover and let cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is done (liquid will be absorbed and rice should be tender and not sticky).
- Remove rice from heat, leave covered for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in parsley.
- While the rice is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the cod fillets on the baking tray. Drizzle oil on fish, add lemon juice, salt and red pepper.
- Bake the cod in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional info per serving: serves 4
Protein: 37 g
Fat: 18 g
Carbs: 19 g