1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets and stems removed
2 Tb olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 ½ lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tb low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tb fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sesame oil
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil and small amount of salt and pepper in a bowl
to combine. Spread the broccoli on a baking sheet and roast them without stirring until
crispy and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cut salmon into large chunks and put about a quarter of it into the food processor
container. Turn the machine on, and let it run until the mixture becomes pasty. Scrape
down the sides if necessary.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and the remaining salmon. Pulse the machine on and off
until the fish is chopped and well combined with the puree. Lastly, add the scallions and
pulse to combine. No salmon piece should be larger than ¼ inch and be cautious to not
make the mixture too fine.
- Form mixture into four ¾ inch-thick patties
- Use olive oil spray on a 12-inch nonstick skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. Once
heated, cook the burgers for 2-3 minutes on each side, turn once. Alternatively, grill the
patties for about 4 minutes on the first side, then just 1-2 minutes on the other side. Be
careful not to overcook
- Serve the roasted broccoli with the salmon patty on its own or with a bun. Optional: add
tomato, lettuce, or avocado
Nutrition Info Per Serving: Serves 4
Protein: 33 g
Fat: 13 g
Carbs: 13 g