¾ lb banza spaghetti
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
½ onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp red pepper flakes
¾ cup apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1/8 cup chopped parsley
1 container cherry tomatoes
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta according the package directions. Reserve a small amount of the starchy pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta.
2. Cook the shrimp by heating a large pan with 1 tbsp avocado oil over medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering (not smoking) add the shrimp and cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until the shrimp turns pink. Transfer the shrimp to a side plate.
3. In the hot pan, add more oil if needed and reduce the temperature to medium-low. Add the onions, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, continuously stirring. Add apple cider vinegar, cook for 1 minute then add the lemon juice.
4. Add the chopped parsley and tomatoes, toss for about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Add some of the pasta water if needed.
6. Add the cooked shrimp and allow the shrimp to warm for about 30 seconds then remove from pan from heat.
7. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve!
Nutritional info per serving: serves 6
Protein: 32 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbs: 31 g