1, 14 ounce block of extra firm tofu, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp avocado oil
Salt and pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced ginger
Either frozen stir fry vegetables (2 packages) or all fresh ingredients
8 oz string beans
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
¼ cup water
1. In a medium pot of salted boiling water, simmer tofu for 2 minutes. If using frozen tofu, simmer until completely defrosted. Remove from heat and let drain in a colander lined with paper towels. When cool enough to handle, gently squeeze and pat dry. If using frozen, use firm pressure to squeeze out water.
2. Cut tofu into bite sized pieces, toss together with soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper in a bowl. Once liquids are absorbed, toss tofu with cornstarch.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add tofu and let cook until golden on all sides, turn occasionally. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Add more oil if needed, cook garlic and ginger for about 1 minute. Stir in vegetables and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, and water. Return tofu to skillet and add mixture to pan. Stir and cook until slightly thickened about 2 minutes.
Nutritional info per serving: serves 4
Protein: 12 g
Fat: 14 g
Carbs: 14 g