3 tsp sesame oil, divided
14 oz package extra firm tofu
1 large red or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup shelled edamame
¼ cup green onion, diced
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
Kosher salt and ground pepper
1 tsp orange zest
Juice of 1 orange
¼ cup low sodium chicken bone broth
1 tsp light brown sugar
2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp arrowroot powder
2 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Slice the tofu into 5 slabs. Line a plate with
a clean kitchen towel and arrange the tofu in a single layer on the lower. Fold the towel
over the cubed tofu and place a heavy object just as a cast-iron skillet on top. Press the
tofu for approximately 1 hour.
- After an hour, stack the slabs on top of each other and slice through them lengthwise.
Slice across to make 5 even rows. There should be 50 cubes of tofu. Remove the towel
and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange zest, bone broth, light brown sugar, soy sauce, and
arrowroot powder for the orange sauce.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the package of frozen or
fresh cauliflower rice to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the tofu to the skillet in a single layer. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes or until
golden and crisp. Remove the tofu from the skillet and place on a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil to the skillet. Add in the bell pepper and garlic.
Sauté for 1 minute, then add the tofu back in along with the edamame. Stir together.
- Pour the orange sauce into the skillet and stir until the sauce thickens and everything is
coated about 2-3 minutes. Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds over
Nutrition Info Per Serving: Serves 4
Protein: 15 g
Fat: 10 g
Carbs: 15 g