4 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup diced white onion
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
Sea salt and black pepper
¼ cup parsley chopped
1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbs pesto
¼ low-fat feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
4 large eggs
¼ cup almond slivers, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a 9×13 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Place
the prepared peppers in cut-side up.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked rice, chickpeas, tomatoes, pesto, and feta. Season
with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Heat a small skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot add in
the onion and sautés for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, spices, and parsley and sauté for
- Whisk eggs in a bowl
- Add the vegetable mixture and whisked eggs in with the rice. Stir everything together.
Add salt and pepper and divide the filling into the pepper halves.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another
10-15 minutes. After baking top with slivered almonds if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Info Per Half Bell Pepper: 8 total
Protein: 6 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbs: 18 g